CORNWALL'S ELITE AIRSOFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CORNWALL'S ELITE AIRSOFT

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Complete rookie here.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jabus Maximus

Complete rookie here.  Empty
PostSubject: Complete rookie here.    Complete rookie here.  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:38 am

Hi there

I'm Jonathan and I haven't really played Airsoft before. But I do find it to be more interesting than paintball, mainly cos the mask keeps steaming up whenever I play paintball and I have quite an interest in weapons.

I have read up a bit about the rules and about the UKARA. I'm somewhat unsure as to where I stand as I am a newish WW2 reenactor with some experience firing a blank K98.

Would like to attend a airsoft event just to see what its like and whether it could be a good enough hobby to properly get into.

Cheers for reading this in advance.
Back to top Go down
NickNick

NickNick

PostSubject: Re: Complete rookie here.    Complete rookie here.  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 am

Hi Jonathan
We play every two weeks here at CEA, unfortunately we were due to play this Sunday (9th) but due to the biggest storm in 50 years about to hit Cornwall we had to cancel. The next one will be on Sunday 23rd. You should come down for a game I think you might enjoy it. We are a friendly bunch too.  Razz 
A game with gun hire and ammo is about £40, once you have done this 3 times in 2 months you can get your UKARA.
If you need any more info have a look on our Facebook page as people tend to use that a lot more these days.
The two main guys that run the club are Mark Crane and Simon Thomas.
Hope to meet you soon

Cheers
Back to top Go down
sigee

PostSubject: Re: Complete rookie here.    Complete rookie here.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 7:42 am

As Nick said,come on down and have a game.I did that just over a year ago and now Im totaly hooked.
The guys are friendly and please ignore the "Elite" in our name as we are anything but elite lol.
Look forward to seeing you at a game soon.

Si
Back to top Go down
http://www.sgknives.co.uk
Jabus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Complete rookie here.    Complete rookie here.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Thank you very much for responding, I have work on the weekends but I will try and get the sunday covered.

much thanks for responding again. Smile

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
Jabus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Complete rookie here.    Complete rookie here.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 1:17 am

Awesomely I got most of the sunday covered so will be able to attend.

FAQ incoming

1. What time does the event start?

2.Where are you based?

3.Will I need to take cash with me or do you take card?

4.Will I need to buy any protective glasses before hand? also I wear normal glasses as well so not sure as to how it will work

5.Do I need to bring any packed lunch with me?

6.Finally is there a dress code when airsofting? like do I need to have a uniform?

Thank you in advance for reading this and answering the questions

Much thanks Jonathan
Back to top Go down
sigee

PostSubject: Re: Complete rookie here.    Complete rookie here.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:52 am

1 turn up any time from 9am and games start at 10am

2 Tresillian near Truro. Some one will come along with directions soon.

3 Cash only I believe

4 Eye protection can be rented but you are far better off getting some quality eye pro asap.

5 You can bring a pack lunch or you can register that you would like to purchase the onsite food (its good food)

6 No need for uniform but subdude clothing will help (not black as you will stand out in the woods). You can buy the CEA uniform VERY CHEAPLY from Mark or Simon.
Decent footwear is a must. Good quality boots with ankle support are very important.

I cant stress enough that good eye protection and good boots will help you enjoy yourself so much more.
Judging by the weather lately you might want to bring along waterproofs too lol.

Si
Back to top Go down
http://www.sgknives.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complete rookie here.    Complete rookie here.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Complete rookie here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CORNWALL'S ELITE AIRSOFT :: FORUM :: NEW PLAYERS AND INTRODUCTIONS-
Jump to: