CORNWALL'S ELITE AIRSOFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CORNWALL'S ELITE AIRSOFT

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Airsoft league?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeW

LeeW

Airsoft league? Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft league?   Airsoft league? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Ok who's up for an airsoft league in the southwest area? I've placed a comment in Swwgs fb page and Gaz is up for it and by the sounds of it James Penny (WASP) is too, but would love to know how many would like to enter it if it went ahead. not sure how we can run it yet so if you can give some feed back on how it can be run i'll be very gratefully. Was thinking of putting a cap on how many members you have in a team to about 8 peps wot you think?
Back to top Go down
Bluefox

Bluefox

Airsoft league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft league?   Airsoft league? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:42 am

Well, I'm only a noob but yeah, I'd be up for it.
Back to top Go down
slick63

slick63

Airsoft league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft league?   Airsoft league? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Probably not my cup of tea as I`m not very competitive plus I don`t get out as often as I like. But I imagine it would appeal to quite a few players. I think Airsoft International magazine did something similar nationwide a few years ago, not sure how that turned out.
As far as I`m aware there are only about 6 sites in the south west, CAA, SWWG, KGB, Mad Mommas, MIA and the Bunker at Exeter. Whether or not all these would be interested I don`t know, I should think that each site could manage a dedicated team of 8 plus a couple of reserves.
There would have to be a set of rules which every site adheres to specifically for the league so that would take quite a bit of consultation between members, and also the games would have to be heavily marshalled by extremely competent persons I would imagine. Not saying that players are dishonest in general but when you introduce this level of competitiveness you may get the odd player not taking the odd hit and/or trying to bend the rules to give them an edge.
I`m presuming that the games would be a mix of home and away games with points awarded for a win/draw etc. Not sure how you`d do the selection of who plays who, maybe picking bits of paper from a bag, or a case of each team plays every other team to start with, then whittle it down ?
Back to top Go down
LeeW

LeeW

Airsoft league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft league?   Airsoft league? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 4:28 am

Swwgs are interested, a few lads at skirmish exeter are in and same with bristol recon lot. yeh was thinking of home and away games and having a small amount of sites down here we could play a 'season' just to see how it runs and work out all the good bits from the bad and as for the non-hit takers a lad from the BR came up with this idea:-

‎3 strikes... 1st a warning, 2nd miss a game/loose points, 3rd player/team ban. ban will last say a season in hope they improve there game plan. 2nd ban permenate ban. - its an idea but you have to remember that when banning the player names are recorded and the team so players dont use a loophole by rejoining another team or making another team.

can use the points system from football like 3pts win, 2pts draw 0pts lose. get points for winning/grabbing objectives which are then added up at the end of the game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airsoft league? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft league?   Airsoft league? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft league?
Page 1 of 1