CORNWALL'S ELITE AIRSOFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CORNWALL'S ELITE AIRSOFT

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Airsoft Targets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beaker

Beaker

Airsoft Targets Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft Targets   Airsoft Targets Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:56 am

I always seem to be looking for odd things to use as plinking targets – tin cans etc. I decided I should try and make something that would last a little longer and be a bit more practical.
I managed to find this right-angled piece of aluminium – not as strong as steel but fine for airsoft:

Airsoft Targets 111Airsoft Targets 211
Thanks to the right-angled shape all I had to do was cut short lengths off with an electric saw (hacksaw would also have worked fine). I cut them 6” across, filed off the sharp edges, cleaned them up and applied a couple of coats of hammerite.
I’m pleased with the result – the targets stand steady, seem durable enough and best of all, make a good noise when they’re hit!

Airsoft Targets 311Airsoft Targets 411
I'm keen to hear any other ideas or others' home made targets, especially if anyone has had a go at reactive targets.
Back to top Go down
slick63

slick63

Airsoft Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Targets   Airsoft Targets Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:59 am

Quite a nice idea, especially as they`re free standing. I used to print out figure 11 targets onto A4 and then pin them to a wood frame but got fed up wasting paper after a while. Now I just blat at the compost bin at the top of the garden. Laughing
Back to top Go down
soapy

Airsoft Targets Empty
PostSubject: .   Airsoft Targets Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:54 am

seagulls...
Back to top Go down
Beaker

Beaker

Airsoft Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Targets   Airsoft Targets Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 am

And another one I made today (bored..and it's raining)

A sheet of 1mm thick steel, some small door hinges, some wood and fixings:
Airsoft Targets Img_6414

Some more electric sawing, wood staining and fixing bolts and tada! knock down targets:
Airsoft Targets Img_6415

Extra brackets on the back to make the targets fixed, so I don't have to keep resetting them if I'm feeling lazy:
Airsoft Targets Img_6416
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airsoft Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Targets   Airsoft Targets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft Targets
Page 1 of 1