CORNWALL'S ELITE AIRSOFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CORNWALL'S ELITE AIRSOFT

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

quick question?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:56 am

hi guys,
is it illegal if someone with a ukara membership gifts a gun to someone without a ukara?
cheers
jordan (:
Back to top Go down
boro

boro

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:38 am

In a word, no. Although in reality, it's not as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:18 am

could you explain?

cheers for reply

jordan (:
Back to top Go down
Wardeneo

Wardeneo

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:52 am

jordan777 wrote:
could you explain?

cheers for reply

jordan (:

Ukara is a persons defence for having a realistic imitation firearm/ RIF (non two tone)

It stipulates you CAN gift (no money transferred) a immitation firearm/ IF (two tone) and a RIF

HOWEVER if the person your gifting the RIF doesn't have ukara/or is not a re-enactor they have NO defence for having it - and this is what leads to the problems

And having NO defence for owning a RIF is a very grey area... And has gotten a lot of people into trouble for various reasons; and I'm sure there has been cases of this backfiring in the gifter..

If there's any problems (law wise) most cases can expect a fine/RIF being crushed / jail time or any combination of these...

Best thing to do is have the person your gifting play 3 games, and then they buy a RIF themselves - or u buy it, then gift it - and they now have a defence.

IMO its a poory written peice of legislation

And because gifting is restricted by so many factors and is such a pain in the ass as it generally causes more problems than its worth it's only fair that we tell you for the average applicant - Basically No! (it can be done but it ain't worth it) - like i said it only takes 3 games to get around this problem - so I advise people to play 3 games and do things properly - this way a few people won't ruin the whole sport for the rest of us - don't forget airsofting would not be legal without ukara!

Liam

P.S - If your still confused google Ukara and go to the ukara website/ millions of other websites that can clarify this for you..

Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:14 am

oh cheers for clearing that up, its just a friend of mine offered his full black gun to me(he is ukara registered and plays at a site in london) and i wasnt sure wat to say incase it was illegal.
so now i know the answer is no.
cheers guys (:
Back to top Go down
Wardeneo

Wardeneo

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:40 am

jordan777 wrote:
oh cheers for clearing that up, its just a friend of mine offered his full black gun to me(he is ukara registered and plays at a site in london) and i wasnt sure wat to say incase it was illegal.
so now i know the answer is no.
cheers guys (:

Why dont you just say yes BUT ask him to hold into it for you till you have played 3 games and get ur ukara?

Then when he gifts it to you - u will have a defence for It ^^

Also how old are you?

Liam
Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:48 am

im almost 17 thats why i cant have it really i would have had a black gun by now if i was 18
Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:50 am

i relise this isnt on the same subject but with the AA piston, i read on a review that you can only use 11mm springs with it, is that true?
cheers
jordan
Back to top Go down
Wardeneo

Wardeneo

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:58 am

jordan777 wrote:
i relise this isnt on the same subject but with the AA piston, i read on a review that you can only use 11mm springs with it, is that true?
cheers
jordan

I don't know mate - I thought all vsr springs are one size - thought it was only l96's that can have different sizes

All my parts were for a vsr so I had no problems with installing them

And to answer your other post - if your almost 18 - just give money to your parents - they can buy it two tone without the need for ukara, and spray it when you have ukara - being 18 is only about buying a gun... I know 16 year olds with RIF's (started life as a two tone - bought by parents) but like I said in other thread they have ukara and thus have a defence for it....

Liam
Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:10 am

thats wat im gona do with the vsr.
cheers again.

Last edited by jordan777 on Tue May 22, 2012 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:11 am

do you use all AA parts at the mo?
Back to top Go down
slick63

slick63

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:27 am

jordan777 wrote:
hi guys,
is it illegal if someone with a ukara membership gifts a gun to someone without a ukara?
cheers
jordan (:
No it`s not illegal so long as no money changes hands. Ukara is not the law it`s a form of defence of which there are many, it is simply a form of defence run by a retailers association. Even the 3 games in no less than 2 months wasn`t written into the law, it`s just a point which UKARA came up with as an ideal to determine if someone is a regular airsoft player.
The law regarding IF`s/RIF`s is concerned with buying and selling only.
The simple facts are....
You cannot buy either an IF or RIF if under 18 years old.
You may buy an IF without a defence providing you are at least 18 years old.
You cannot buy a RIF if you cannot provide proof of being a regular player.
You cannot sell a RIF without first ascertaining if the buyer is a regular player.
You can gift an IF or RIF to someone as long as no money or deeds change hands. Because it`s a gift, the person receiving the IF/RIF does not need a defence and does not need to be over 18.
This is a simple as it gets.
Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:30 am

oh so my cousin can gift me the gun without me giving him any money?
i think thats wat you basically sed? right?
Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:30 am

i ment friend. why did i say cousin lol!
Back to top Go down
slick63

slick63

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:33 am

jordan777 wrote:
Yes that would be within the law. As a gift you cannot give him money or do work as payment for the gun. A gift is something which is given freely.
Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:39 am

yes!!! now i dnt have to spray my g spec 2 tone!!!
that was his gift from him to me, i feel soooo lucky!!!
cheers for the input btw, really helped out hopefully i wont be seen with my sniper now (:

jordan
Back to top Go down
Wardeneo

Wardeneo

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:47 am

jordan777 wrote:
do you use all AA parts at the mo?

Combination of laylax and action army - the spring guide and zero trigger are action army mate as there better (spring guide) and identical (zero trigger) and both are cheaper than laylax

As with the ukara thing - it would appear slick knows more on the matter than me so speak to him about it, as for my opinion I still think that it's best to have a defence as although you don't need one if a RIF is gifted - should you get stopped with it - I don't think the police are gonna care that ur mate gifted it too you - as far as there concerned you don't have a defence for having it out of your home!

So just play 3 games - get ukara - simples!

Liam

Back to top Go down
Bluefox

Bluefox

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:56 pm

slick63 wrote:
jordan777 wrote:
Yes that would be within the law. As a gift you cannot give him money or do work as payment for the gun. A gift is something which is given freely.

...but then you'd own a replica firearm with no legitimate reason. It might be technically legal but owning a replica firearm with no purpose is an offence.

Honestly though, it's probably a risk worth taking unless you happen to be searched and it's in the boot of your car for example... and even then I'm sure you could explain it away pretty legitimately. I mean, how often do the police actually pop over for a cuppa and a quick look around your place?

The main problem is, if you work in (or have any intentions of working in) a job that requires a current CRB check - like education, for example - then even a whiff of a firearms-related charge would make you lose it... which is why I didn't buy/own anything until I'd got my UKARA.
Back to top Go down
Wardeneo

Wardeneo

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Bluefox wrote:
slick63 wrote:
jordan777 wrote:

...but then you'd own a replica firearm with no legitimate reason. It might be technically legal but owning a replica firearm with no purpose is an offence.

Honestly though, it's probably a risk worth taking unless you happen to be searched and it's in the boot of your car for example... and even then I'm sure you could explain it away pretty legitimately. I mean, how often do the police actually pop over for a cuppa and a quick look around your place?

The main problem is, if you work in (or have any intentions of working in) a job that requires a current CRB check - like education, for example - then even a whiff of a firearms-related charge would make you lose it... which is why I didn't buy/own anything until I'd got my UKARA.

Same - I work in schools hospitals and public places all the time - which is why i waited for ukara

Liam
Back to top Go down
slick63

slick63

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:30 am

Bluefox wrote:
It might be technically legal but owning a replica firearm with no purpose is an offence.
Not strictly true, it is concerned merely with how a person acquires an airsoft gun whether as a purchase or a gift, post 2007. There must be 100`s of people out there who owned airsoft guns prior to the VCR bill coming into force in 2007 but no longer play, that would mean they are breaking the law merely by keeping their old guns in the loft/wardrobe etc.
As Wardeneo mentioned it`s an ill thought out piece of legislation brought in to appease the masses on a knee jerk reaction, in order to stop young tearaways buying a £5 springer and holding up the local Tesco Express.
They would`ve been better issuing an airsoft gun licence with a photo, age, name and address, and charging a fee, say £40 for 4 years.
Back to top Go down
jordan777

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:37 am

well ill tell the whole stroy to make it clear to u guys...
my friend from london bought a 2 tone g spec, then got his ukara and sprayed it... a few months ago he emailed me offering me his gun. i sed yes knowing that i would have to spray it 2 tone, but i askeed before hand to see if i had to. now im here now writing this message.

i rarely go out with my gun usless i come to the site or take it to my farm to shoot some targets i also use a 177 so i relise how serious fire arms are and am very responsible when i comes to fire arms i also use a gun bag to take it from my my house to car and its only a small drive way literalkly 2 meters from house to car.

thanks for the info and advice anyway.

cheers
jordan.
Back to top Go down
slick63

slick63

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:41 am

jordan777 wrote:

i rarely go out with my gun unless i come to the site
cheers
jordan.
And there you have your defence, you`ve played airsoft. The gun is a gift, therefore legal regardless of your age.
It`s all within the wording of the law as written.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

quick question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question?   quick question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quick question?
Page 1 of 1